Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's simple, kill the lazy man.

It's been a long month, of August that is.
Now that we are almost a full week into September I can now say that change has finally come into my life.
Praise God.
My room is VERY clean and organized.
It's been this way for over a week now.
I am surprised in a way that it even lasted more than two days!
I better not get too excited, or else I might get lazy.
I am really enjoying this whole discipline thing.
I remember when I had gotten things together in eleventh grade, life seemed so simple and everything was organized and scheduled.
But here I am now, my second year out of high school.
I fell apart last year.
This new school year is different.
I'm not even kidding, I am so serious about these changes.
Get this, I even bought a....a.....a.....PLANNER!
I am literally writing things down!
It's so great.
I used to loathe planners, because I always forgot to write in them or even check them.
But this one-"it's" name is Henry.
Henry is my new best friend.
Henry supports my every decision and knows just what I need to do. ;)
He's really fantastic.
Oh, and Henry is rather stylish as well.
I really hope I keep this up.
My life is so much more refreshing.
I think way more positively and it is so much easier to really sit back and listen to what God is saying to me.
I'm just so happy right now.
I think after uncovering the hidden things that I kept from myself and from God, I have now become so vulnerable that it's freeing.
I am so thankful for what I have.
My parents have given me so much opportunity, it may not be much compared to some but it's still enough that I would call it a blessing.
I am fortunate to have such loving parents.
Getting back onto the topic of my laziness that I expressed in previous blogs and in this blog, I found a verse that REALLY relates to my life.
This verse is so applicable to my life, it's almost ridiculous how like me this is.

"The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich." -Proverbs 13:4

How perfect is that?
Seriously?
I look back on my life from just a month ago, I was pathetic always wishing and desiring for a better life.
But I did nothing about it, I was all talk and no action.
Now that I have stopped the talk and am actually getting things straight, I have been made rich in my life.
I'm going to say I have a lot of money because I don't.
But inside, spiritually my soul is filled.
I am rich in joy, my cup overflows with happiness.
This is just a side effect of doing things the proper way.
It's almost like a disciplined walk with the Lord, the more wrapped up you are in God, the more natural it is to find the good works and fruits that come from it to be something you produce.
This is a God honoring lifestyle.
What I had before seemed to be basically, lip service.
All in my emotions, but no action.
I pray that I never go back to that.
But God is good and He is bigger than my problems.

Can I get an Amen?


No comments:

Post a Comment