Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ink Splattered Sky

There is no terror in death.
Fear of the unknown engulfs us.
Nothing compares to the moonlit reflections of silence.
Laying out on the grass as the night sky dances with lights.
Peace invades me.
The wind creeps through the trees as they sway back and forth.
The canopy entangles and frames the starry patterns that dot the ceiling of the world.
Like ink spilled onto a canvas it spreads in scattered direction.
Splatters of haunting memories.
Offsetting emotions invade my heart.
How long will I be alone?
Sitting in the middle of so many and yet so alone.
Soon enough companionship will arrive.
I can't escape the thoughts.
Reason wants to win.
Like an infection of the heart he's taking over.
Sometimes the darkness feels uneasy, but I feel so safe.
I have found to be understood is a far cry from being known.
Maybe that's what keeps me this way.
No one truly knowing me.
He's not so far off.
Closer than I think and that comforts me.
I felt his presence.
Drifting in the graveyard.
I could have laid there for hours, maybe one day I will.
But in that moment, spread out on the grass kissed by the night's dew, I felt him.
Suddenly I don't feel so alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment